Monday, February 20, 2012

Tall Cafe Oak table into coffee table.

I have a friend who owned this tall oak cafe cocktail table. It was on its way to the trash when I said, "Hold on!" I can make something awesome out of it. I remembered having seen something like this, but shorter with a pedestal. This was my inspiration for this piece. Pottery Barn pedestal coffee table.

Here is the before picture:


Sorry not a great pic, but as we can see it was tall, and ugly. I just knew I could do more with it. Sooo...I cut most of the tall pedestal down, detached the legs from the top. Sanded the snot out of it with the belt sander. I used sand paper blocks on the legs to get into the small spaces. I then spray painted it black, and distressed parts of it using sandpaper and a little left over stain. I put it all back together, leveled it out and here you have a pretty black pedestal coffee table. Now I need to do something with the oak chairs. Maybe for a later post....

Here is the after:


And a closeup of the legs and distressing:



1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete